Apple is preparing the next big update of its iPad operating system. Known as the iPadOS 14, it is compatible with all iPad models running last year’s iPadOS 13 updates. Here’s what you need to know.
- Top 10 Best Wireless Earbuds Under 150 in 2020
- Top 5 Best Bluetooth Earbuds Under 50 on Aliexpress in 2020
- Top 5 Best Buy Noise Cancelling Headphones in 2020
What is iPadOS 14 and when will it be available?
When Apple debuted the iPadOS at its WWDC 2019, it simply said it was the “iPadOS”. However, soon it was the technical version number iPadS13 and it is now the upcoming release of this year – felt by the iPadOS 14 OS, the most suitable for the larger display of the powerful capacity iPad.
IPadS14 release date and availability, however, the Covid-19 epidemic has been reported to have delayed the release of the iPhone 12, and we’re not sure how much, so we’ve seen the iPadS14 release event from the iPhone at any time at the end of the year, Or maybe 2021.
Which iPad models can run iPadOS 14?
- iPad Pro 12.9-inch (fourth generation)
- iPad Pro 12.9-inch (third generation)
- iPad Pro 12.9-inch (second generation)
- iPad Pro 12.9-inch (first generation)
- iPad Pro 11-inch (second generation)
- iPad Pro 11-inch (first generation)
- iPad Pro 10.5-inch
- iPad Pro 9.7-inch
- iPad (seventh generation)
- iPad (sixth generation)
- iPad (fifth generation)
- iPad mini (fifth generation)
- iPad mini (fourth generation)
- iPad Air (third generation)
- iPad Air 2
iPadOS 14 Features
Will iPadOS work on all iPads?
Apple iPad has always shared the same operating system with iPhone and iPod: iOS. In addition to the iPad mini, the latest iPads are compatible with a smart keyboard and the whole range is compatible with Apple Pencil, the company’s smart stylus.
iPadOS 14 Apple Pencil
IOS 14 may include a new pencilkit feature that allows users to send handwriting to any text input field using Apple Pencil, instead of converting handwritten text to standard text before sending it.
6 will get iPadOS 14?
No, the iPhone 6S and iPhone SE are the last phones to receive a major OS update. They will only be updated to iOS 13 and this will be the final update. The phone needs to be fixed a few years before Apple developers stop supporting apps from the App Store.
IPadOS 14 Siri
Like iOS 14, the Siri is getting an overhaul with the iPadS14, which includes smart machine learning for improved results and compact notifications for incoming calls instead of taking the total screen.
Search has also been reduced, so you don’t have to hide the app you’re using – a small search bar will appear on your app or home screen without completely hiding it. Browsing the web for answers to questions as well as searching your iPad for apps and documents is now even better.
Connected reality which is more realistic
AR has proven to be a very powerful technology that helps to perform in ways that have never been possible before. ARKit 4 provides a brand new depth API that allows developers to access more precise depth information captured by the new Leader Scanner on the iPad Pro. Developers can use the Depth API to drive powerful new features into their applications, such as body measurements for more accurate virtual try-on, or testing the colors of the paint before painting a room. Ankit also offers location anchors for iOS and iPadOS apps, which provide high-resolution data for new maps on Apple Maps, where available, average to pin at any point in the world.
Additional iPadOS 14 Features
- All new beautifully designed widgets present timely information at a glance and users can select a smart stack of widgets that use device intelligence to present the correct widget based on elements like time, location, and activity.
- Messages are the focal point of communication with friends and family and now it’s easier to stay connected and quickly access important messages. Users can pin conversations at the top of their messages list, easily continue with live group threads via references and inline replies, and further customize conversations by setting a group photo using an image or emoji. Messages include more new emoji options and are varied with additional hairstyles, headwear, face-covering, and more.
- Siri expands her knowledge, helps find answers across the Internet, and can now send audio messages. Messages, notes, emails, and 3 more.
- New cycling directions and curated guides make navigating and exploring maps easier than ever. Cycling directions take into account how busy a road is, and whether there are ladders along the way. The guides provide a shortlist of places to visit in a city, build them through a selection of trusted resources, help them discover new restaurants, find popular attractions and find new recommendations from reputable brands including Ultrails, Complex making Infatuation, Time Out Group and The Washington Post, among others.
- Control app for quick access to accessories and views The home app has made smart home control even easier with new automation suggestions and expanded controls. Compatible Homekit-Enabled Adaptive lighting for lights automatically adjusts the color temperature throughout the day and compatible with video on face-detection Video doorbells and cameras can detect friends and family. All information is encrypted from end to end.
- Safari provides a privacy report so that users can easily see if a cross-site tracker has been blocked, secure password monitoring to identify stored passwords that may be involved in users’ data breaches, and built-in translation for entire webpages.
- Accessibility features include headphone housing that amplifies soft sound and melody audio to help make music, movies, phone calls, and podcasts worse and clearer and sign up for language recognition in Group FaceTime, which allows a video call signer to Makes it stand out.6 The industry’s top-screen reader voiceover for the blind community is now spontaneously displayed onscreen so recognizable so that more apps and web experiences are accessible to more people.